What is extended rental?
All subscriptions at Oslo City Bike include an unlimited amount of 60 minute trips. If you want to keep a bike for more than 1 hour, you’ll have to enable extended rental. That lets you have the bike for up to 6 more hours, at a cost of NOK 15 per 15 minute extension. This means that the maximum trip duration is 7 hours, with a maximum price of NOK 360.
Toggle on and off
- When buying a city bike subscription in the app or on the web, you’ll be offered the option to enable extended rental. That happens in the last step before you pay.
- You may enable or disable the function under your account, in the app or on the web.
- Be aware that you cannot turn extended rental on or off while you have a city bike.
- The payment card used when you bought your subscription will be charged for extended rental.
- Receipts for the payments can be found under your profile on oslobysykkel.no.
- There you also may change or remove your payment card.
- If you remove your payment card, extended rental will be disabled.
- You will receive an SMS notifying you about 5 minutes before the 60 included minutes runs out.
- On the trips where you go over 60 minutes, you’ll get an SMS when the trip ends. There you’ll get a summary of how much your card will be charged.
- You will also get an SMS if you return your bike too late.
Extended rental without app
You may also use extended rental when unlocking bikes at the bike stations. First you’ll have to turn on extended rental as described above.
What happens if I return the bike too late?
- If you return a bike too late, you’ll get a warning. This warning is visible in the app and when you log in to oslobysykkel.no.
- If you’re too late a second time, your account will be blocked.
- Please contact us if you have any questions, in the app or by sending an email to email@example.com.